The primary purpose of the West Buxton Public Library’s meeting room is to provide a space for library and library-related activities. The needs of the library will take precedence.
Community groups and sponsors of educational and cultural events are welcome to use the meeting room subject to availability and adherence to the following policies and guidelines.
- The library must enforce the Fire Code capacity of 25!
- Contacting the Library Director or Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Admission or related fees are not permitted
- The meeting room is available Monday – day, Tuesday and Thursday before opening hours, Wednesday – day or evening and Friday – day or evening.
- The meeting room is not available for commercial or for-profit entities. Money-making activities are not permitted unless they are part of a library event
- The leader of the group using the meeting room, who must be an adult, is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group, and in the event of any damage to library property and/or equipment that individual will be liable. Young children accompanying adult users of the meeting room shall not be left unattended in the library: ‘Line-of-sight’
- The name, address, or telephone number of the library may not be used as the official address, or headquarters of any organization
- Groups are responsible for arranging the chairs, tables, and other equipment to meet their own needs. Following their use of the room, groups must return the room to its original state. All trash and/or litter shall be picked up and disposed of properly.
- Refreshments may be served in the meeting room. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Groups serving refreshments are responsible for providing all serving utensils and for clean up following their meeting.
- The library cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The library reserves the right to deny use of the meeting room to any organizations or individuals who have abused their privileges in the past. The library also reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any meeting.
A copy of the ‘closing down’ instructions will be given to the group leader to follow for closing down the library.