The library provides free wireless access to the internet during regular library hours.
- No waiting for a PC station
- No enforced time limit of use during open hours
- Download files on your laptop/PDA
- Save files permanently on your own device
- Convenience when traveling
- No printing service
- No guarantee to connect to internet
- WiFi network is less secure
- Internet access via wireless connection from a personal electronic device is not filtered, however, as the use is in a public area, patrons within the library are still subject to the library internet usage policy posted at computer stations and must sign at front desk
- The library’s wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software
- Wireless network interface card (NIC)
- Laptop/PDA configured to use the library’s internet connection
- Laptop/PDA must conform to the 802.11b/g computer hardware standard
- Compatible headphones if using audio files
Staff will not provide technical assistance or the configuration of your laptop nor PDA. The library cannot accept the liability for the handling of patron’s equipment and assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device configurations, security, or data file resulting from connection to the library’s wireless access. Wireless connectivity is provided ‘as is’. The library shall not be responsible for any loss of data or damage to personal equipment.